Parental Advisory Warning

Parental Advisory Warning: My thoughts, opinions and general comments are purely just that - MINE . I may occasionally make you angry but I also hope I may make you laugh, and I will definitely try and not to make you cry.
I hope you enjoy my Blog eitherway and if you dont then feel free to stay away ....

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Im not REALLY a morning person...

Are you a morning person? Stupid question if you ask me.

My overtired,grumpy man turns over this morning at 7.30am and says " that's your cue- off you go-our bundle of joy wants you" ... "Why?" I ask.... "because you're a morning person and I'm not" - Wish I hadn't bothered asking. Stupid questions will always get an equally stupid answer.

Apparently as I am able to get up for 4am flights with relative ease, this therefore constitutes the attributes of being the stereotypical morning person! -  only a mans logic can come to such a ridiculous conclusion.
Maybe I just wanted to get to the plane on time ?

Now I understand that in the grand scheme of things that I have been incredibly blessed with a baby that since he was 6 weeks has indeed slept a full 12 hours every night. That's right - I'm one of those smug witches that writes into Prima Mother and Baby and talks of my obviously perfect child that gives his mammy and daddy a full nights sleep. So I am going to apologise to all those other mommies and daddies and some dear friends of mine who are lucky if they get 6 hours sleep and are awakened at 5.45am promptly every morning with the demon "feed me" cry.

I shall state for the record I am not complaining, however if I may, my child that sleeps 12 hours a night absolutely refuses point blank to take a nap during the day - that blessed nap time where people can sit down have a cuppa, watch Loose Women, read a sneaky few pages of Heat magazine, catch up on whether Coleen has dumped Rooney and to get great satisfaction examining the celebrities without their make-up pictures, which make us all feel like it may be OK to exist in this celebrity body obsessed culture we surround ourselves with.
But no- no naps for us and trust me I have tried everything - songs, lullaby's,white noise, washing machine, hoover, total silence and before you say it - not even the car seat sends my little man to sleep.
It is like he has an automatic sleep switch; just as he is getting sleepy, the yawns, the heavy eyes - he sits bolt up right like something possessed and I can tell he is saying to himself " nice try mammy - you didn't get me this time!" and so it goes on until 8pm where the real sleep  finally seems to kick in.

8pm Mammy O'clock - nope 8pm is Cleaning O'clock and catch up on all the things I didn't get done in my day O'clock.

10pm now that is the blissful time of the day! Cleaning  - done, Clothes ready for tomorrow - done, Maybe even some mammy and daddy time? - eh no it is time for pure unadulterated .......... American TV bliss- Mc Dreamy/Mc Steamy/ McAnyhotDrthatscrubsupwell. Escapism at its best.

Later finally getting into bed - my fella rolls over and says "turn the BIG light off babe..." I consider asking the question "Why ?" and my senses get the better of me,

I'm not a morning person. I'm not an evening person. I'm not even a night person. I'm just the idiot who will do anything for a bit of peace and quiet person (wink!)

4 comments:

  1. Excellent blog Claire, look forward to keeping up with your adventures - and think 'Stressed but Blessed' is a great name for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks L - and for everyone reading BrideandJoy is another excellent blog for all those planning to get married - get reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving it claire! keep it up!
    yes very jealous of your 12 hour nights since week 6!!!!
    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. was a good thing he did sleep as his grannys would have been driven demented with all the hospital visits i had wink x

    ReplyDelete